JUPITERMEDIA ANNOUNCES THE WINNERS OF THE 2008 SMALLBUSINESSCOMPUTING.COM EXCELLENCE IN TECHNOLOGY AWARDS
(New York, NY - January 22, 2008) - JupiterOnlineMedia, a division of Jupitermedia Corporation (Nasdaq: JUPM), today announced that the users of SmallBusinessComputing.com (www.smallbusinesscomputing.com), a leading online information resource designed specifically for Internet and IT professionals dedicated to providing technology solutions for small businesses, have chosen the winners for the SmallBusinessComputing.com 2008 Excellence in Technology Awards.
"Voters continue to recognize the value that perennial winners such as Dell, Symantec, HP, Intuit and Microsoft bring to the small business market," said Dan Muse, Executive Editor of internet.com's Small Business Channel. “However, just as notable is Apple's strong showing. The first-time winner took home top honors in two categories."
The winners by category are as follows:
- Desktop PC - Winner: Dell Optiplex 755; Runner-up: HP Compaq dc5750
- Notebook PC - Winner: MacBook Pro (15-inch screen); Runner-up HP Compaq 6820s
- Color Printer - Winner: HP Officejet Pro K5400dtn; Runner-up: Xerox Phaser 8860; Runner-up: Brother HL-4070CDW
- Black and White Printer - Winner: HP LaserJet P1505n; Runner-up: HP LaserJet P1006
- Multi-Function Device - Winner: HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-in-One; Runner-up: Dell 3115cn
- Mobile Device - Winner: iPhone; Runner-up: RIM Blackberry 8830 World Edition Phone; Runner-up: Palm Treo 755p
- Desktop Storage - Winner: (tie) Seagate FreeAgent Pro; Winner: Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus; Runner-up: SimpleDrive External Hard Drive
- Network Storage - Winner: IBM System Storage DS3400; Runner-up: NetApp Store Vault S300
- Server - Winner: Dell PowerEdge 2970; Runner-up: HP Proliant ML115; Runner-up: IBM System i515 Express
- Network Backup - Winner: Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 7.0 Server Edition; Runner-up: HP StorageWorks D2D Backup System
- Network Security - Winner: Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0 Business Pack; Runner-up: Trend Micro Client Server Messaging Security 3.5
- PC Backup - Winner: Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 7.0 Desktop Edition; Runner-up: Norton 360 (Symantec Corp.)
- PC Security - Winner: Norton 360 (Symantec Corp.); Runner-up: McAfee Total Protection 2008
SOFTWARE AND SERVICES
- Accounting / Finance - Winner: QuickBooks 2008 (Intuit); Runner-up: Microsoft Office Accounting 2007 Professional
- Productivity - Winner: Microsoft Office 2007; Runner-up: Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium
- Customer / Sales Management - (tie) Winner: ACT by Sage 2008; Winner: Salesforce Group Edition featuring Google AdWords; Runner-up: NetSuite CRM
- VoIP - Winner: TalkSwitch 240 VS; Runner-up: RingCentral DigitalLine VoIP
- Collaboration - Winner: GotoMeeting v3.0; Runner-up: WebEx Office Collaboration Suite
- Affiliate Program - Winner: Google AdSense; Runner-up: Amazon Associates
- Best Innovation - Winner: Like.com; Runner-up: TheFind.com
- Online Marketing - Winner: Vertical Response; Runner-up: Google AdWords
- Site Search - Winner: Google Custom Search Business Edition; Runner-up: Google Mini
- Storefront - Winner: Volusion 5.0; Runner-up: Yahoo Merchant Solution
- Web Hosting - Winner: GoDaddy; Runner-up: Network Solutions
- eBay Tool - Winner: eBay to Go; Runner-up: Auctiva; Runner-up: FotoShare by FotoTime
The complete list of winners and finalists is available on SmallBusinessComputing.com (www.smallbusinesscomputing.com).
To request an eps version of the Excellence in Technology Award logo click here.
For advertising information on SmallBusinessComputing.com or any internet.com site, please contact Scott Bialous, Vice President and Group Publisher of internet.com, at email@example.com or (415) 466-0440.
SmallBusinessComputing.com (www.smallbusinesscomputing.com) is a daily information resource designed specifically for Internet and IT professionals dedicated to providing technology solutions for small business owners. The site features a product testing and review section, a buyer's guide, business tools, daily news for e-marketers and Webmasters, and a free e-mail newsletter. SmallBusinessComputing.com can be found on internet.com's Small Business Channel.
About Jupitermedia Corporation
Jupitermedia Corporation (Nasdaq: JUPM) (www.jupitermedia.com), headquartered in Darien, CT, is a leading global provider of images, news and original information, career Web sites and events for information technology, business, media and creative professionals. Jupitermedia includes Jupiterimages, one of the leading images companies in the world with over 9.0 million images online serving creative professionals with brands like BananaStock, Workbook Stock, Brand X Pictures, FoodPix, Botanica, Nonstock, The Beauty Archive, IFA Bilderteam, Comstock Images, Creatas Images, PictureQuest, Liquid Library, Thinkstock Images, Thinkstock Footage, Bigshot Media, Goodshoot, Polka Dot Images, Stock Image, Pixland, Photos.com, Ablestock.com, PhotoObjects.net, Clipart.com, JupiterGreetings.com, AnimationFactory.com, RoyaltyFreeMusic.com, StudioCutz.com and Stockxpert.com. The JupiterOnlineMedia division of Jupitermedia consists of five distinct online networks: internet.com and EarthWeb.com for IT and business professionals; DevX.com for developers; and Mediabistro.com and Graphics.com for media and creative professionals. These networks include more than 150 Web sites and over 150 e-mail newsletters that are viewed by over 20 million users. JupiterOnlineMedia also includes specialized career Web sites for select professional communities which can be found on Mediabistro.com and JustTechJobs.com. In addition, JupiterOnlineMedia includes JupiterEvents' and Mediabistro's media-related events, which produce offline conferences and trade shows focused on IT and business-specific topics including ISPCON.
"Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Statements in this press release which are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" that are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements. The potential risks and uncertainties address a variety of subjects including, for example, the competitive environment in which Jupitermedia competes; the unpredictability of Jupitermedia's future revenues, expenses, cash flows and stock price; Jupitermedia's ability to integrate acquired businesses, products and personnel into its existing businesses; Jupitermedia's ability to protect its intellectual property; and Jupitermedia's dependence on a limited number of advertisers. For a more detailed discussion of such risks and uncertainties, refer to Jupitermedia's reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission pursuant to the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements included herein are made as of the date of this press release, and Jupitermedia assumes no obligation to update the forward-looking statements after the date hereof.
For information on Jupitermedia Corporation contact:
VP of Marketing