|Cold Fusion Web Developer
|New York, NY
|WebMediaBrands Corporation (Nasdaq: WEBM), (www.webmediabrands.com) headquartered in New York, NY, is a global network of high-profile websites that provide information for creative, business and information technology professionals. WebMediaBrands operates hundreds of websites across three distinct online networks: Mediabistro.com, Internet.com and Graphics.com.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Cold Fusion Web Application Developer in our Midtown Manhattan office. The successful candidate will have experience with web development using Bluedragon.Net, OpenBluedgraon, and CFMX. S/he must have thorough knowledge of development tools, techniques and have proven experience architecting, developing, debugging and fixing performance critical web based applications. This individual should also be comfortable interacting with other business units to design and architect new applications and solutions. Applicant must be willing to push hard to learn the environment, take responsibility and accept accountability. Must be able to learn on your own; must be able to ask questions.
- Learn and understand existing platforms and day-to-day maintenance
- Develop rich internet applications in ColdFusion
- Develop and maintain feature add-ons to the existing platforms
- Assist in managing the development life cycle from conception to testing and deployment
- Minimum 3 years of ColdFusion Experience. Mixed environment includes Bluedragon.NET, OpenBluedragon, and CMFX.
- Expert in developing CFCs, UDFs, Custom tags
- Experience with MSSQL, MySql, and Oracle
- Experience with CVS and Subversion
- Working knowledge of XML/XSLT, DHTML/CSS, table less design
- Highly skilled in Web Application architecture and design.; Extensive understanding of CMS and CPS systems
- Understanding of configuration and release process.
- Familiar with both Windows server, Linux/Unix environment, and with configuration experience of IIS/.NET, Apache tomcat and HTTPD runtime configuration.
- Understanding security issues surrounding deploying distributed, large-scale web-based applications
- PHP, ASP, .NET experience a plus
- Web Services experience desired
- Excellent written and verbal skills with strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks to challenging timescales
- Understand the importance of hitting deadlines
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical team members
- Enjoy a challenge, willing to voice opinions, work with a team
WebMediaBrands offers competitive compensation along with a generous benefit package. Interested candidates should forward resume and salary requirements to: [email protected] or fax resume to 203-621-3147.