JUPITERMEDIA ANNOUNCES WINNERS OF DEVELOPER.COM PRODUCT OF THE YEAR AWARDS(New York, NY - February 17, 2004) - The users of Developer.com, a leading online information resource for IT professionals dedicated to providing technology information for developers, have chosen the winners for the Developer.com Product of the Year Awards.
"Developer.com's readers have picked leading products and standards that are impacting a large number of developers and IT professionals," said Bradley Jones, Executive Editor of EarthWeb.com's Software Development Channel. "Some of the winners are not a surprise--winners such as Microsoft's Visual Studio .NET 2003, Eclipse and Sun Java Studio. Others, however, were interesting to see rise to the top -- products like the NetBeans IDE, the 802.11x standards, and XMLSpy," added Jones.
The winners by category are as follows:
* Development Tool of the Year (tie) - Sun Java Studio (formerly Sun ONE Studio) & Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003
* Enterprise Development Tool of the Year - Visual Studio .NET 2003
* Development Utility of the Year - XML Spy 2004
* Best DBMS or Related Technology of the Year - MySQL AB's MySQL
* Wireless Development Product of the Year - Sun's J2ME Wireless Toolkit 2.1
* Web Service of the Year - Amazon.com Web Service (winning service), Web Services Interoperability Standard (WS-I) (winning standard/tool)
* .NET Tool/Add-in of the Year - Visual Studio .NET 2003
* Java Tool/Add-in of the Year - NetBeans IDE 3.5.1
* Open Source Tool of the Year - Eclipse
* The complete list of winners and finalists is available on Developer.com (www.developer.com).
Developer.com (www.developer.com) is a journal of insight into cutting edge programming techniques aimed at professional developers working in corporate environments that features articles and tutorials focused on issues and applications critical to the community. Developer.com can be found on Jupiterweb's EarthWeb.com Network.
About Jupitermedia Corporation
"Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Statements in this press release which are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" that are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements. The potential risks and uncertainties address a variety of subjects including, for example, the competitive environment in which Jupitermedia Corporation competes; the unpredictability of Jupitermedia Corporation's future revenues, expenses, cash flows and stock price; Jupitermedia Corporation's ability to integrate acquired businesses, products and personnel into its existing businesses; Jupitermedia Corporation's international and venture fund investments; any material change in Jupitermedia Corporation's intellectual property rights and continued growth and acceptance of information technology and the Internet. For a more detailed discussion of such risks and uncertainties, refer to Jupitermedia Corporation's reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission pursuant to the Securities Act of 1933 and the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements included herein are made as of the date of this press release, and Jupitermedia Corporation assumes no obligation to update the forward-looking statements after the date hereof.
All current Jupiter Research press releases can be found online at www.internet.com/corporate/press.html.
All current Jupitermedia Corporation press releases can be found on the World Wide Web at http://www.internet.com/corporate/press.html.