JUPITERMEDIA ANNOUNCES WINNERS OF THE 2008 DATAMATION.COM PRODUCT OF THE YEAR AWARDS
(New York, NY - February 12, 2008) - Jupitermedia Corporation (Nasdaq: JUPM), today announced that the users of Datamation.com (www.datamation.com), a leading industry Web site that provides ideas and analysis for IT managers, have chosen the winners for the Datamation.com 2008 Product of the Year Awards.
"After a flurry of heavy voting, our readers have selected their picks for this year's Datamation Product of the Year Awards. The winners represent the essential building blocks of IT infrastructure: Anti-Spam Software, Enterprise Servers, Network Management, and more," stated James Maguire, Managing Editor of Datamation.com. "Datamation readers are diverse group of IT professionals, with in-the-trenches knowledge of this gear, so garnering their vote is an honor that any tech company can be proud of," added Maguire.
The winners of the 2008 Datamation Product of the Year Awards are as follows:
- Anti-Spam Software: Ad-Aware 2007 Pro. Runners-up: Spam Assassin 3.2.3 and MX Logic Email Defense Service.
- Business/IT Alignment: IBM's Innov8. Runners-up: HP Automated Operations 1.0, Ecora Auditor Professional, CommVault Simpana 7.0 Software Suite, and Software AG webMethods Product Suite.
- Enterprise Linux: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5. Runners-up: Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Real Time 10 and Canonical Ubuntu 7.10 Server Edition.
- Enterprise Security: Verdasys Digital Guardian 5. Runners-up: Code Green Networks, Data Domain DD580 Appliance, Kazeon Information Server IS1200-ECS, Bluesocket v6.1 software platform, and nuBridges Secure Transaction Manager.
- Enterprise Server: IBM p 570 Server. Runners-up IBM System x3950 M2 Server, the HP MediaSmart Server, and the Dell PowerEdge 2970.
- Handheld Device: Apple iPhone. Runners-up Blackberry Curve, Nokia n810, Sprint Mogul, Motorola Q9h Global, and Palm Treo 755p.
- Network and Systems: Dataflux Accelerator. Runners-up: matrix42 Empirum 2008, Hyperic HQ 3.1, Intelliden Dynamic Resource Provisioning Solution, Express Metrix Express Software Manager 8.0, and Silver Peak 2.0.
- Office Productivity Software: IBM Lotus Symphony. Runners-up: Microsoft Office, OpenOffice 2.3.1 and Thinkfree Office.
- Virtualization Software: VMware Server 2. Runners-up XenSource XenExpress OEM Edition, and Parallels (formerly SWSoft) Open Platform.
- Wireless Software: Cognos 8 Go! Mobile. Runners-up iPass Mobility Management package and MontaVista Mobilinux Version 5.
To request an eps version of the 2008 Datamation Product of the Year logo click here.
For advertising information on Datamation.com or any internet.com site, please contact Scott Bialous, Vice President and Group Publisher of internet.com, at [email protected] or (415) 466-0440.
Datamation.com provides ideas and analysis for IT managers. Datamation.com features case studies and trend spotting reports on the issues faced by corporate computing professionals. Datamation.com also includes daily news and columns. Datamation.com can be found on internet.com, which is part of JupiterOnlineMedia.
About Jupitermedia Corporation
Jupitermedia Corporation (Nasdaq: JUPM) (www.jupitermedia.com), headquartered in Darien, CT, is a leading global provider of images, news and original information, career Web sites and events for information technology, business, media and creative professionals. Jupitermedia includes Jupiterimages, one of the leading images companies in the world with over 9.0 million images online serving creative professionals with brands like BananaStock, Workbook Stock, Brand X Pictures, FoodPix, Botanica, Nonstock, The Beauty Archive, IFA Bilderteam, Comstock Images, Creatas Images, PictureQuest, Liquid Library, Thinkstock Images, Thinkstock Footage, Bigshot Media, Goodshoot, Polka Dot Images, Stock Image, Pixland, Photos.com, Ablestock.com, PhotoObjects.net, Clipart.com, JupiterGreetings.com, AnimationFactory.com, RoyaltyFreeMusic.com, StudioCutz.com and Stockxpert.com. The JupiterOnlineMedia division of Jupitermedia consists of five distinct online networks: internet.com and EarthWeb.com for IT and business professionals; DevX.com for developers; and Mediabistro.com and Graphics.com for media and creative professionals. These networks include more than 150 Web sites, over 150 e-mail newsletters and 15 blogs that are viewed by over 20 million users. JupiterOnlineMedia also includes specialized career Web sites for select professional communities which can be found on Mediabistro.com and JustTechJobs.com. In addition, JupiterOnlineMedia includes JupiterEvents and Mediabistro's media-related events, which produce offline conferences and trade shows focused on IT and business-specific topics including ISPCON.
"Safe Harbor" Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995: Statements in this press release which are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" that are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements. The potential risks and uncertainties address a variety of subjects including, for example, the competitive environment in which Jupitermedia competes; the unpredictability of Jupitermedia's future revenues, expenses, cash flows and stock price; Jupitermedia's ability to integrate acquired businesses, products and personnel into its existing businesses; Jupitermedia's ability to protect its intellectual property; and Jupitermedia's dependence on a limited number of advertisers. For a more detailed discussion of such risks and uncertainties, refer to Jupitermedia's reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission pursuant to the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. The forward-looking statements included herein are made as of the date of this press release, and Jupitermedia assumes no obligation to update the forward-looking statements after the date hereof.
For information on Jupitermedia Corporation contact:
VP of Marketing